- How many slaves work for you?
- A brand new way to share everything.
- Why you can’t get tickets to the hottest concerts.
- 15 Photos From the Tahrir Square Protests You’ll Never See In Legacy Media. #Egypt #Morsi #Obama. By Doug Ross @ Journal.
- Taksim Underpass: Ask Gertrude Stein, Dorothy Parker, Jane Jacobs, and Robert Moses. By Stephen Lewis in Bubkes.
- Did you know John Roberts is also chief justice of the NSA’s surveillance state? By Ezra Klein in the Washington Post.
- Motorola Is Listening. By Ben Lincoln in Beneath the Waves.
- America’s founders would be horrified at this United States of Surveillance: How did we become so fearful and timid that we’ve given away essential liberties? Some are even afraid to speak up. By Dan Gillmor in The Guardian.
- AT&T prepping sale of customers’ anonymous location information and Web, app usage data. By Mike Dano in FierceWireless.
- Privacy and the Internet The Independence Day Edition. In Raving Lunacy.
- European PRISM anger gains momentum with fresh cloud warnings and data threats. By David Meyer in Gigaom.
- From Ike to â€œThe Matrixâ€: Welcome to the American dystopia â€” Part Orwellian security state, part Huxley wonderland and part “Matrix,” America is three dystopias in one! By Andrew O’Hehir in Salon.
- BBC to put 3D production on hold following unsuccessful two-year pilot. By Zach Honig in Engadget.
- Review of Doug Rushkoff’s Present Shock. By Micah Sifry, in Tech President.
- The Death of the Internet – Markus Jacobsson. By Ben Rothke in RSA Conference blog.
- I give up. Repeal Everything. By David Weinberger.
- Fargo River
- Midata Innovation Lab Launches, at Ctrl-Shift.
- Personal Cloud London Meet-up: Thursday, July 11, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (BST)
- Firefox mobile device.
Marketing and advertising
- FTC’s Brill Calls for Congress to Legislate New Data Privacy, Stuns Marketers: Commissioner Wants Data Brokers to De-Identify Data And Provide Access to Consumers. By Kate Kaye in AdAge.
- Why AARP Is Adding Data Strategy to Marketing Efforts: A Q&A with Lynn Mento, Senior VP-Membership at AARP. By Kate Kaye in AdAge.
- This Student Project Could Kill Digital Ad Targeting: New School Student’s System Confuses Ad Targeting With Cookie Misinformation. By Kate Kaye in AdAge.