This is a continuing series of blog posts toward helping local journalism thrive anew in our digital age. They include a variety of original ideas (most notably from Dave Askins of the B Square Bulletin) focused on Bloomington, Indiana, where my wife Joyce and I are visiting scholars with the Ostrom Workshop at Indiana University.
- We Need Deep News (18 August 2023)
- We Need Wide News (30 August 2023)
- We Need Whole News (15 September 2023)
- Stories vs. Facts (12 October 2023)
- Deeper News (20 October 2023)
- DatePress (9 November 2023)
The image above is the best Bing Creator has done for me, so far, toward representing a news commons. The prompt for this one was, “A public park with a small marketplace on one side is surrounded by a courthouse, a playing field, businesses, and a radio station. In the marketplace wander male and female reporters, some taking notes, some with cameras.” If you care enough to try, give a read to my series of posts and see what you can do with AI art to represent it.